- 1-pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2-tablespoons fruit pectin
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1-cup sugar
- 2 8-ounce jelly jars
- In a medium sized bowl, crush the strawberries with a potato masher
- In a skillet, combine the crushed strawberries, pectin, and butter.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium-high heat, until the mixture boils.
- Add the sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and remove from the heat.
- Pour the jam into the jars. Seal. Refrigerate until the jam is set, approximately 6 hours. Keep jam refrigerated. It will keep for up to 3 weeks.